Quote to live by today, 'I will recover alot faster than they will'
...And hopefully attempt to live by that for the next week. Ha
Keeping with the title of this post, alot of changes have been going on around this place. Hence, radio silence.. again. Here we go a quick rundown.
The last week has been a whirlwind of goings on. While DH and I are finishing our basement, ourselves, with exception to drywall, a long awaited job offer came to life... With short notice.
I have been studying for three months already to get my real estate degree, yeah, it is a ton of work, who knew! I knew the job, er hoped, the job would be ready for me ASAP. But giving my current boss two weeks notice was tough seeing as I had originally thought I could do months notice. Whoops! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
This is the first time in a long while I have thought of myself when it comes to my career. Anyhow. My current boss did not take it well.
I somehow remained professional as he belittled me and made me feel like the smelly end of a manure fork. Despite my urges. I'm proud of myself. Really.
Then he asked me to accept no pay and leave a week early after already accepting my resignation letter. Seriously people...
Anywho, on to more enthusiastic things.
Solo!
Solo has been pretty amazing lately. Despite the short short rides that consist of mainly walk, he has learned to steer, somewhat move away from leg pressure, listen to seat aids, sometimes, walk (slowly) but soft and supple, trot without chomping the bit, we have a solid GO button that getting trigger happy on occasion AND we can canter without teetering off the invisible cliff. Whoot!
We still battle the liquid toots, oddly only when weather drastically changes... Hmm but it goes away which is improvement now that his diet is more balanced.
We have also discovered Solo's first fear, plastic bags. Especially if they try to sit on you head, long story.
That's all for now. Bed time to dream of ponies!

Congrats on the new job.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job!! Sometimes you've just gotta take care of #1 <3
ReplyDeleteLots of good changes, by the sound of it!
ReplyDelete