Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Of The Scary Terrifying.








Quiet a bite has happened over the past couple weeks...
Studying and condensing the courses into half the time, while working and while horsing is clearly taking a toll on the blog content, sigh.

Keeping it short because I really should be studying right now. The most exciting event of the past two weeks is my friend Mich and I hooked up with three other people and their horses to ride the KP trail, which is about a half hour trailer ride from home and consists of miles of trails that loop through beautiful countryside and little towns, even featuring bridges over major highways and some pretty neat fallen down buildings that remind me of exploring when I was a kid.

The trail is only open to horses, people and bikes.... And bikes with their shiny proved very scary the first few times. I swear we nearly took out the obnoxious biker who blew past us after we all asked him to slow down.

We parked at a car park beside one of the biggest highways around our area, I have to say I was pooping my pants but Solo held stoic and thought it was all seriously boring and not worth looking. My biggest surprise came before this. I didn't expect Solo to load right up, but he did and I jinxed it.
Backing off the trailer proved most difficult of the day. Solo only knows ramps and slant loads where he can walk off. As soon as his foot hit air, he went right back in and stayed.
I eventually had to wedge him and turn him around after unhooking the divider. He was not coming out trust me and he isn't a horse you can bully. He just shuts down.

Long and short the so many things I was worried that Solo would be scared of he wasn't. We had to cross major highways which were blazing with traffic from the long weekend and some pretty huge farm and construction equipment. We even had to go through a marshy area and open and close gates when we were going from each piece of the trail which were usually separated by roads of little tiny towns.

The entire time solo acted like he has done this his entire life I was expecting him to be on his tippy-toes but instead he traveled behind all the other horses with his head hanging and nipping at the grass, clearly quite happy with life

There came a point at the trail where there were bridges that used to be used for old railroads. These Bridges overhung crazy noisy highways. I have to say I was pooping my pants again but solo trooped right through not thinking anything of it while the horses three times his age we're having a little hissy fits.

The whole trip ended up taking the day while our ride was probably about 3 hours. The sucky part about riding a trail is that when you finally think you're done you have to ride all the way back haha. All the other horses when we got back to the park refused to get on the trailer this clearly rubbed off on solo and he wanted nothing of the step down trailer. Even though I got pretty frustrated with him because he doesn't react he just stands still and won't move it only took us about 10 minutes to get him on but I don't know if it counts because we had to basically lift him on, foot by foot.

At the end of the day I was sun burnt to a crisp but I was super proud of my little guy. If I would have done this with Pal .... Let's say it would have been interesting lol. Flying spots anyone? Lol.

Saving the rest of the stories for another day! Have a great one y'all and I swear I'm still reading your blog and mentally giggling and commenting. Soon, I promise, I will be back on the wagon!

Tired, sweaty pony.

What's the commotion? Why is no one loading? Is it scary?
Looking a bit beef cake somehow but sucking it in to look mighty hungry


2 comments: