Please? Today I have a case of the Grumpy Cat's. I really have nothing to be grumpy about in the first place but it just crept up on me. And no, it isn't what you are thinking. The weather is a dreary snow-slush mix, the wind is chillingly damp and the days are short. Where art thou Sun? I am in serious need of some vitamin K here.
First off I have to give a shout out to my DH who is offically another year closer to thirty today. Yay! Better you than me... (Sorry hunny but atleast I didn't post your real age.)
Yesterday, I made a pretty killer, if I do say so myself, Walnut Praline yellow cake with Maple Cream Cheese Icing.
I had made big goals this weekend for my horsey life. I planned to bring in all, or nearly all, of the standards and fillers that my I...er my DH made this year for me. (Who knew pallets could be so versatile- and Free! I see a DIY jump post coming in near future). I was also planning on riding with my long-lost-but-recently-found riding budday, Mitchell (Name has been altered to protect the innocent), annndd finally I was hoping to have a fantabulous last 2014 riding school in the outdoor grass arena.
I should give myself a 'PASS' since I did manage a, however measly, 66.6% sucess rate.. right?
EHH! My inner visual dialogue just gave me three red X's on that one.
Why brain, why must you have continuously inner turmoil for missing ONE, just ONE equine session!
I am not sure about anyone else but I take my riding/horse very seriously, maybe obessively. Missing even one, occassional, scheduled day seems comparible to calling in sick to work because you want to have a day chock full of Gain scented jammies and Vampire Diaries. (Yes.... I love that show and please note that I've only called in twice in 5.5 years).
Continuing on, Sunday was chock full of DH birthday fun while my inner voice took the backseat throwing snarky comments at me about not getting to the barn today. We opened presents, yes, we... I get presents on his birthday too since our wedding anniversay is two days after! Woo I planned that well didn't I?!
We completely overstuffed on junk before dinner, lazily stuffed down pizza followed by tea and cake with more visitors and presents!
Eight o-clock rolled around, now empty house (even puppy went to Grandma's for a few days to play with her canine niece and nephew), and my, still naggging, inner voice plopped down in the passenger seat and started spouting goals for the rest of this month.
Hmm... what to choose.
I force myself to pick goals and exercises otherwise my motivation wanes something serious...
I am leaning towards jumping back on the bandwagon and doing stirrupless Thursdays again. It is great for the winter since I sweat my butt off and pony stays warm but sweatless which is great because I don't clip.
What goal for my weekly gym? I am thinking of continuing last week's gym and turning the poles into some bounces... decisions. More on that later...
I also need to figure out why I am having a periodic left hip muscle ache. It seems to flare up after riding and originally began this spring when I devoted myself to figuring out how to sit the trot without faking it.
I am thinking it has something to do with my bracing through my lower back/hip not to mention I do tend to twist left when I ride.
What is weird is that I have finally developed my feel enough that I CAN sit the trot. You would think the dull ache would disapeer...
I wonder if it has anything to do with Pal too. With all the work bringing up her balance and poll she does tend to lean on my hands as a fifth leg now and then. (I know, I know. I have to nip this completely too- we are working on it).

No comments:
Post a Comment