Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Beauty is in the Simple Things.




Here we are again, back into the wet and soppy days of fall, enjoying the tail end of hurricane Patricia. My DH is likely sitting at work doing his best not to glance outside into the down pour or listen to the ghastly howling winds.
Me? Well, I am sitting here at work, on a break of course, dreading how much field I will be scrapping down to find a, once white-ish horse tonight.
Because of course, Paloma's favourite past time whilst enduring the soaking conditions is rolling is good ole' soppy rain puddles.

'Look Ma!...' All the while wearing this classic expression, exhibit A 


Then all of a sudden I thought, 'not to worry I bought a brand new nitty-gritty two buck curry at the tack shop last week!'
One has to appreciate the simple things in life! And to an equestrian, a two buck plastic curry is just that, or well, at least I think so.

So this thought process alone inspired my novella-esque post today, ie short.
Of all my oodles of tack, equipment and equine supplies, which two pieces save your 'life' the most out of your horse filled days?

Mine would have to be my long bristled dandy, my 'dust flicker' and my 'mud scrubber deluxe', the two dollar plastic hand curry.

What's yours?







4 comments:

  1. My spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol is a standby. That and a good flicky brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shedding blade. I use it all year long on my hairy, filthy pony. Ditto the long bristled dandy brush. Add in a plastic curry and a damp cloth and miracles can be created - the mud parts and the pony is revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those cheapie hard plastic curries - LOVE. and my mare actually seems to prefer them to the rubber or jelly varieties too. but of course, for really tough cases i like to break out the vacuum.... lucky for me isabel isn't much of a roller! ;)

    ReplyDelete