Monday, January 4, 2016

Of Clockwork Riding.

Le face a la derp! ... and funky phone pictures.
'I hasa horse face..'



Forgive me blog readers for I have sinned, it has been two weeks since my last blog post....

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of my apologies for not writing!? I know I am...
For whatever reason, as of late, my motivation to log on and finger-barf my thoughts onto the white screen of Blogger have ground to a steady and silent halt.
I do not know whether it is the weather, the bustle of the holiday season eating every fragment of my energy or if I just flatly have nothing interesting to say.

Most days I feel my rides are lack luster lately, nothing truly worthy of finger pecking...
The rare moment of joy I feel when I have a revolutionary ride is quickly extinguished by the next ride where I cannot even glimpse at replicating that 'moment'.
It may sound like I am down in the dumps about my rides, but I'm not! Really! It is merely that everything is just 'eh' right now. The only way to describe it is that it is like when your horse didn't quite grasp the concept of a nice, smooth, downward transition from canter to trot and you are left bouncing, flailing and flatly feeling like an idiot but Hey! You got a transition, be happy, no?

However, not like teaching the canter-trot transition where your horse suddenly GETS it and then it is rarely a problem ever again I continue to cycle in the same pattern like clockwork.
12= the 'moment' happens! Then cycle through the next 11 rides with zero indication of said 'moment', but no real bad moments to speak of either.
Unless you are being rammed into a very sturdy arena wall. Hmm.


Yet, we may be peaking onto a new horizon shortly. Our barn has set up a clinic this weekend with Jennifer Dierksen, a centered riding coach pretty well known to many in our area. Though, sadly not me.
Honestly, other than the fantastic things I hear, I literally know nothing of this lady except she carries a tablet and videos you while you ride so you can SEE while you learn, THAT is SO my forte! It is how I learn!

Thus, I am hoping this coach can provide some helpful tips/tricks to things that Paloma and I are not quite getting. Oddly, I feel skeptical...but that does not mean it isn't true!
Too many 'coaches' have failed to fit my bill of a true and useful 'coach', except for those whose bill I could not afford! (...more than once! Enough to know they are exceptional, enough to know how broke I will be)


Here's to Saturday at 10:30am, may it provide us insight and happiness!
I shall recap next week!




1 comment:

  1. exciting about the clinic - i hope this coach proves to be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete