| Solo - '...this is nasty' |
Keeping up with promises.
Solo has finally decided to drop his hair and all at once might I add! For some reason all chestnut/red dun owners I know are finding their horses to be late shedders this year. Is it the weather? Maybe they do not 'absorb' the light like the dark horses? (White car versus black car theory).
Who knows but either way poor So and I both had hair in our eyeballs and mouth.
During the process though Solo kept trying to groom me so it must have felt awesome!
My rides this week have been really good! We are finally starting to build strength tracking right with little glimpses of bend to the inside rather than a stiff board. This is huge considering we were like a backwards 'C' in that direction and it felt like we might fall over any minute before.
Progress!
Canter is still tough for Solo to hold, so transitions will be our next task to begin building strength and know how of aids.
All in all.... I cannot believe he is now 3 y/o.
I remember when Pal was three and he is much younger.... Is this what it feels like to be old?
![]() |
| Solo - 'Ohhh picture!.... but I gots a hair in the eyeball..." |

My brown horse is not giving up his coat either.
ReplyDelete