Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blog Hop; The Owl's Approve- Quirks

What personality quirks does your pony have? What makes him or her special?
 
 
 
 
 
Many thanks once again to Owl's Approve for the blog hops, without her I would seriously lack content on this blog.
 
 
 
As for Paloma's personality, I think I can sum her up in one word, divalicious! But I will fill you in on a few of her quirks in case that doesn't paint a picture for you.
 
Everything this horse does is straight out of Diva 101, if there were such a thing.
 
Paloma must be the first horse to greet you at the gate, must be the first horse going out for turnout and coming in for dinner, you must spray her blanket with static guard, god forbid static attack, she must receive a cookie when rider mounts prior to moving a single hoof and most of all, she must be able to see the door into the barn from her stall. 
 
Let me explain.
 
If Paloma is swapped to a stall without front rows seats to view the incoming traffic, she raises heck and makes every attempt to be able to see over the stall dividers, even if this means rearing up and standing, yes, standing on her hind legs while she maneuvers her head and neck in mysterious ways to get a better view. Once she knows she has your attention she bodaciously bats her eyeliner lined eyes until you coo to her and attempt to touch her face. At that time she may allow one pet or two pets prior to flipping her head and looking at you with repulsion.
 
"How dare you think you can pet me like a dog! Do you not know who I am...UCK"
 
The cookie while mounting, is, embarrassingly, my fault or actually it is Terri's fault for giving me the idea, yeah Terri!
Often reaching to adjust the girth or stirrup ques cookie dispensor response and the record producing head whip for a straight on collision course with rider head/helmet. Not fun.
I started this little habit when Paloma refused to stand while mounting as a youngster. If she waited patiently, she got a cookie. Now, it is one of my bad habits that I think is crazy cute.
It causes no harm, other than the occasional head ache on my part....
 
 
I am pretty sure I could go on forever about her Diva moments but I will spare you the details and let your imagination do the rest for me.
 
I am really not sure how all this started since I am likely the strictest, other than Mish-mosh, horse mom in the barn. Actually, most people in the barn look at me like I am a drill sergeant.
What can I say I like order....?
 
Initially, when I first heard people calling Paloma 'Diva', I rolled my eyes in distaste but after time went by, I began to notice no one actually called her Pal or Paloma anymore, it is just Diva.
 
Majority rules. It must be true. *Sigh*
 
 
'Good human... you have finally realized your place beneath me.
Now you MAY take my photo for you blogging pleasure'

 


No comments:

Post a Comment