Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Where Art Thou Canter-Walk?

 
I am sure I have said this before but I feel the need to share once more.

Might I ask, where the heck is my canter to walk transition?
And trot- Why do you adore me so much that you must always sneak a step or two in?
Urg!

Most know that Paloma's transitions are for the most part bang on when I prepare her correctly but I have yet to conquer the canter to walk without at least one trot step.
I can get it when I don't really mean to but I cannot achieve it more than once on any given day when I do mean to.

We have tried pretty well everything possible. The only remedy seems to be spiraling while maintaining an active canter down to a volte. Then the walk is beautiful and clearly produced.
But I can't help but think this is very manufactured rather than a proper transition.

I really should not complain... I know. The trot step I do get is balanced, soft and through but it is still a trot step.

I am sure the problem stems in my riding or aids so I sit here picking apart each component of the ride that did produced a nice transition without using the volte.
Those times are always when Paloma has finished a course or tricky gym and I allow her to stretch down with little to no contact and ask for 'whoa' with my thighs.
While I want to think that is THE light bulb moment, more seat, less hand... yeah I get it. But it really doesn't help when I do combine it with even the slightest contact.

Saying that, I am led to think Paloma is not really accepting the contact, there is tension somewhere... But that is eliminated when you watch/feel her come round during the transition.

Why is this so hard!! *Feet stomps like a little girl*


So all in all... I am left 'Le Miserable'!
I just love this cat, he paints a picture to my every mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment