Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Disecting Notions and Emotions; Showing.
Lately, I have been going through what seems like a different dilemma each week. I feel like I handle one and another pops up.
The stress factor seems completely random and interchangeable between horse stresses, work stresses or house stresses.
Is it because we are coming to the final chapter of the house build so what once was a brain full of house stresses is now a void I feel I must fill? Or am I actually stressed about it?
It is like being cranky.
I am not usually sure why I am cranky so I run through the checklist..
Hungry? Tired? Thirsty? Feeling Rushed? (Cranky typically means hungry for me lol)
Today, at this current moment, I am feeling stressed about shows.
I am honestly not sure why I like showing, other than the pretty, silky ribbons... Or even if I want to show, period.
While I have certainly scaled back my showing endeavors over the past couple years, before I always had the itch. Now, I just don't.
As I sit here overthinking and dissecting the reasoning for this notion, I am torn between the fact that I have turned very frugal over the past few years, thanks to DH, have my priorities changed gradually over the years that I just did not see it coming?, do I just want to relax for awhile because I can only handle so much stress and I have reached my limit with the house this year or lastly, is it because I don't like showing in places I have never been. Kind of like being home sick. I just don't want to leave what is comfortable.
Adding more to that last fact, when I think about going to the venues I have been before I am open to it rather than just slamming it down.
Like everything I am sure this will answer itself in good time but I am not a patient person and dismissing thoughts are so not my forte. I rather dwell.
So while I sit here chiseling at my thoughts, what are your thoughts?
Have you ever wondered if you wanted to quit showing?
Labels:
Life happens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Probably familiarity makes stress less, therefore new places are more stressful. I think maybe once one area calms down you'll be open to the other stresses and expenses again. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, that is exactly it! I do hope your right:)
DeleteLess money spent on showing equals more money spent on food! Winning! Wait...I might have missed the mark on this post...
ReplyDeleteI like how you think hahaha
Deletei only just started showing again last year after a 5+ year hiatus, so i'm still really really enjoying it. tho i agree - going to familiar places is always a little easier and nicer for that brain. something about knowing what to expect and all that. but ultimately, showing can be a big expense (money, time, energy, emotional investment) and there's exactly zero point to it if you don't enjoy it for what it is
ReplyDeleteI haven't shown at all for a few years. As far as organized outings and clinics go, I seem to go in phases where I'm Attending All The Things and then just sort of "meh, too much effort/time/$ and not enough fun even though I am sort of bored" I'm currently in the latter phase so I am going to mix it up and go to some shows again...we'll see how that goes :)
ReplyDeleteI stress a lot about showing, and I just do cheap little local shows. ;) I think it is mainly the stress of hauling on top of the stress of showing. I have thought about quitting showing. It seems that I take every other year off of showing though, so maybe that's my coping mechanism?
ReplyDelete