Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Tales of New Drive & Big Girl Panties
I want to thank you all for your comments, especially on my previous post.
After reading the comments and reading a few stories from others on another site I follow, (apparently others are feeling the same as of late, must be the weather!), I am feeling slightly rejuvenated.
After deep thought I think I pieced some things together to form a half-assed legit reason for my recent lack of equine related drive. Sleeping on it works, go figure!
Conclusion; My mental exhaustion from the summers events combined with both my financial constraints and lack of desire to always be on guard for spooks/baulks/stops.
No too mention, most of the barns in our area do not allow schooling thus, I am more or less spending $100 or more in show fees for a day of schooling. Yeaahh...I just cannot bite into that one...
I know I shouldn't care but my ego does.
Regardless, I mentally scolded myself and convinced my inner voice to stop being a wuss-bag and to get my human and equine haunches to said shows as soon as time and finances, ie DH, allow. ;)
Can we tell who handles the finances in my marriage? lol.
So, two shows I have dog eared for the remains of the year, Chipmunk Ridge Short Course @ the end of August, which may be a problem since we move our stuff into the house that weekend and I am not sure I can weasel my way out of lugging boxes again.
And finally, Catori Lane Halloween Short Course in October. This one was a total blast last year and I am really wanting to dress as Cowboys and Indians with Mich/Thunder. Can you guess which one of us will be the Indian? Yeah...Pal and I totally got this! Whose got spots? We do!
On another note. I do have to squash this pulling habit Paloma has when she not so subtly asks to stretch! Le sigh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds good :)
ReplyDeleteyay for new plans and motivation!!!!
ReplyDelete