![]() |
| Ugh I cannot believe she smeared baby butt cream on my face and now wants to put me on the internet! My social life! |
Quickish post for the day.
Lately, the theme of my barn life has been 'Trolls'. Horse people trolls to be exact.
For a time I started riding in the evenings after work and of course this is when everyone comes out. The more the merrier in my books unless your a.... Troll. :) See caught myself there! It is possible!
Anyhow, said trolls have been lurking, thinking they know best and know all there is to know about horses. I totally appreciate opinions if warranted, if horse is in danger, or hey you just want to have a constructive chat. But opinions that you cannot voice to the subject, well that is just high school.
I have been known to have a quick tongue for injustice or rudeness but normally I can bite it, smile and stomp away.
Not recently.
Not too much detail but at the barn there is someone who has come back after being asking to leave due to drama in the past, promising to be different. (I knew better then and now! However, I won't say it, just blog it haha). Anyways. This person has now brought her hillbilly friend to teach and ride her horse. A few of the beginner riders who don't know any better have joined the bandwagon. I avoided and carried on my merry way for the most part. Until these two people decided to start talking smack. I ignored for awhile but when other boarders come up to me saying....'i heard this is going on...'
Uhh no. Not when it has to do with the safety of health of my horse!
Not getting any further into it then that but I may have absolutely lost my canary at a recent event involving these two trolls due to a very unsafe practice and I let them have it. Now it is pretty damn awkward and BO won't handle it. Mostly we just ignore each other now or I just ride at 6am again. Easier.
I just don't understand how people deal with these crackers! And there is virtually no where else to board....
Ugh.
P.s. I also loved when my horses food is changed suddenly without telling or asking me.
Signing off. Rant for the day.

:/ that sucks i am sorry. Hopefully these people move on.
ReplyDeleteThanks I do hope so or just grow up haha
DeleteThere's one at our barn. My new-to-me saddle fits B and I, as confirmed by my (super experienced) coach and and independent (master) saddle fitter. And yet, I came out of the tack room last night and found this (relatively inexperienced) person checking B's saddle fit and commenting on how 'old' the saddle is...and how it looks like it's probably too small for me?! She also sits and watches my lessons and makes remarks or tries to give advice. My coach is on top of it for the most part and keeps her contained, but she slips thru the net every once in a while.. I guess what I'm trying to say is I get how frustrating the trolls are!
ReplyDeleteUgh!!!! That would drive me up the crazy wall!!! Glad others understand
Delete