Friday, November 9, 2018

25.

Solo - My AQHA meet Ben - My sister's AQHA......

Something is different here. 





I am so hi-jacking this. I love blog hop's so much fun. Thanks Y'all.



Why horses? Why not a sane sport, like soccer or softball or curling?
Because I have zero depth perception, zippo balance on my own legs and get hit in the face in any sport involving a ball. That about sums it up!


What was your riding “career” like as a kid?
I got stuck on all the new auction ponies and horses OR the ones the lesson kids would get bucked off of. I caught rides on everything and anything just to get more time in the tack. 


If you could go back to your past and buy ONE horse, which would it be?
Fancy. 900%.

This gelding was the coolest, sauciest and fun 14.1h black morgan/quarab you will ever meet. My family found him, my instructor bought him since we didn't have the funds for another year. Agreeing she would sell him to us once we had the money.

He was green at the time. 
I rode him, trained him, leased him, she used him in other lessons and once we got the money she wanted 5x the price. Sad.



What disciplines have you participated in?
Hunter, dabbled in Jumper, Short course eventing, dressage, played my part as an indian on my spotted gal Pal and usually cowboy a bit when I am feeling fiesty :P

What disciplines do you want to participate in some day?
Hunters and Dressage


Have you ever bought a horse at auction or from a rescue?
My first horses, as with my sisters all came from auctions or horse traders, so essentially, yes. Many. All had.... special qualities.

What was your FIRST favorite horse breed – the one you loved most as a kid?
The Selle Francais. Though, I think it was red horse and the chrome <3


If you could live and ride in any country in the world, where would it be?
Right now its all about LA. I so want to move!


Do you have any horse-related regrets?
Absolutely, I wish I had had enough money to really kick some hiney in the pony divisions. When I was fear-less....

If you could ride with any trainer in the world, ASIDE from your current trainer, who would it be?
This is a really tough question.... I often try these name brand trainers and really not like them. Though I do quite like Lorna Leeson. She is very real, seems like a genuinly nice person and knows what she is talking about.


What is one item on your horse-related bucket list?
Have my very own new-ish horse trailer and be able to truck my butt where ever my heart pleases.


If you were never able to ride again, would you still have horses?
This is going to make me a bad person.... probably not. Too costly for a lawn ornament and I already resent taking the dog out to the bathroom in -20*c,


What is your “biggest fantasy” riding goal?
I want to say make it to the Royal... or atleast Champs though.... I may shy when I see the entry fees.


What horse do you feel like has taught you the most?
Fancy. This awesome devil taught me to stick like glue and ride the worst and ride my best.
There seem a common theme with some others participating in this hop.... arab blood?


If you could change one thing about your current horse/riding situation, what would it be?
I would likely give Solo a boost height wise OR pack on the pounds, this guy is seriously lean.


If you could compete at any horse show/venue in your home country, where would it be?
Spruce Meadows. That is easy!


If you could attend any competition in the world as a spectator, what would be your top choice?
The Olympics eventing! Now those people and horses are brave.



Have you ever thought about quitting horses?
Oh, haha, like every other day. The money, the time, the disapointment etc... etc...

If you could snap your fingers and change one thing about the horse industry, what would it be?
Aside from abuse of course, but thats like asking a parent if they like kids, they have to say that. 
What I would really see changing is the cost. It is silly how those who are 100x more passionate and dedicated than many who are born into money with top notch coaches and horses, never get to 'make it'. 


What’s the dumbest horse-related thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?
Purchase a seriously wild unstarted 2 y/o .... Ha... Look at her now, she now lives up to her Diva mentality in LA with her new mom.



As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
Falling off... my entire life I have ridden the horses no one else wanted or ones that were seirously green or flatly unstarted because we just didn't have the money. Despite being know for my glue like seat, the fear and mistrust is still there.



What horse-related book impacted you the most?
Creative Dressage. This is my bible. While still a fairly new piece, this book changed my riding and I live, eat and breathe the techniques.


What personality trait do you value most in a horse and which do you dislike the most?
Value most - forward.

Dislike - dishonesty.



What do you love most about your discipline?
When put together properly, it is pretty to watch and looks effortless. Despite the fact that while everyone can play at it, not everyone should.

Hello Lu Lu Lemons... even I have ditched those cellulite accentuating suckers....


What are you focused on improving the most, at the moment?
My bravey, gumption and just letting S*** happen, NO TOUCHY, JUST SIT PRETTY AND RIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment