Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Bridles; A Tale of Addiction.

My DH likes to ensure I stay horse poor, ie. he keeps a close eye on anything to do with horse expenses.

Though, I can usually sneak a bit here and there by selling things and buying replacements, not always in that order.


That said bridles have become a bit of a naughty habit for me.



I likely own atleast five at this very moment, where I am not entirely sure. They seem to become stuffed in a tubberware with random-ness as I get too lazy to dig for the actual 'horse supplies' boxes that are always at the bottom. I tell myself this is silly and I will regret it later but I do it anyways.



The last year has been especially bad. I thought I wanted a custom bridle...



The Royal Sports Bridle.

Royal Sports Equestion - custom with flash.
Aw's, a winter fuzz baby horse face.


So I had one made with bling! Erm well.... bling as far as a hunter will go. Which means, two tone with white piping and THAT is adventurous!

The company was great to deal with and happily allowed me to create one of their standard designs and customize the size of each strap. Thanks to Solo's late gelding, he has a massive jowel, WB size yet with cob sized cheeks and horse size brow and nose bands....

The brow and nose band were pretty bulky, so I opted to sell it despite loving the leather it just didnt look right on Solo.











The Premiere Figure 8 Bridle.






Then after this one I proceeded to buy a figure eight, because it was cool! The leather is gorgeous, the strap leather is on the thinner side so it does well on Solo yet I ordered dark brown and with oiling it came up rather black. No. Actually black.


The nice part about this bridle is the fancy stitching. It adds a bit of fun to an otherwise, kind of boring bridle

Thankfully due to the figure 8 component it was mostly adjustable and we were able to handle horse size with a couple extra holes punched for the cheeks.


After Solo got his teeth done I didn't really need the flash and though it took some time to kick the habit I finally got to thinking about getting back to my hunter roots. Insert next bridle....









The Unknown Brand Bridle.


Now this puppy came to me when I was searching for my hunter show bridle and could not find it... shall I repeat that maybe I should not shove items into unknown tubberware's to simply relocate a week after order said new bridle....

Anyhow, this company is just starting up they still make every piece to order so time has to be taken into account when ordering, yet leather quality is on par with the mid-high end bridles I have come across. The stitching is also very precise and even.
Struggle is also real for obtaining any decent photos at 6AM.
Solo clearly agrees, there is no reason to capture someones
 nappy face at this hour


Luckily, Solo has grown some and has sized up to the horse cheek piece so he graduates to the tightest hole of horse size! : D
My options are now endless!!!


I am still in debate if I love it. Quality is there but the bulk of the comfort crown piece and significant brow and nose band are ... well, alot for my brain to take in.


I am often left thinking of my basic snaffle Aramas that we use for shows. Its simply brown and with black fancy stitching that you will never notice though it is classic.




Between bridles and saddles pads.... the struggle is real!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh man, my single horse also has three bridles.... a dressage bridle, a jump bridle, and a hackamore. except... well, i often end up jumping him in his dressage bridle bc i like to school in the snaffle and save the curb for competitions. but then we're wearing black AND brown *gasp* in our lessons, so i think i need a FOURTH bridle so i can have a second jump option with just a plain option....

    so uh. yea. long story short. yes. the struggle IS real haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no.... not black and brown... that is just awful!

      And if you get a fourth maybe I need another one now! lol

      Delete
  2. oh boy, I don't even know how many I have LOL Royal makes gorgeous bridles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time selling horse stuff once acquired..

    ReplyDelete