Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Tick-Tock; A Hiatus Of Six Months, Where Are We Now.

If we must wear orange, we do it minimally and in style!



Here we are again....

Explaining why I have been so absent.


Long and short of it is, we built yet one more (but last!... for a bit) house, I worked another crazy real estate season, I rode the horse, my Dad passed away unexpectedly, we got a puppy and we moved into the house.... nothing much really just the usual life of me.


People wonder why I cannot sit!



On the Solo Front.

Having a lovely saunter through the fields after heading out to my sisters place.

He has been going well, progressing everywhere, working more on keeping thing uphill now rather than the end all, be all Hunter-poke which he loves. 

Solo suddenly decided he is terrified of cross rails, especially black and white stripes, so we go knees to ears over those. Yet totally fine with larger fences though we need the lower to work on our rhythm. 
It seems the less I set him up the better spots and better bascule he gives me. Micro managing? Me? NO.... :S

Our walk to canter to walk has come a long way, as has our bend to the left, finally a bit of give.

He has also started to gain some weight while not being eaten alive. 


Then just over a month ago, he came in from the field with a nasty slice out of his foot. It seems the hoof wall was loose, likely from his previous living situation which was very stressful for him, and finally broke away. Long time coming but he became pretty well incapacitated for the last several weeks. 

While he is mostly back to being sound again he is a bit short strided compared to his usual reaching step.





Showing. 
Neither of us got out to shows this year. We did some things off property but nothing more than trail rides or clinics. DH and I were cramming to get this house back on budget this summer so 'extras' went out the window :(






The House.



I cannot tell you how I never want to move again.... being my 7th move since 2013, I am BURNT out! 
Though, I cannot tell you how pleased I am to be back in my own space where I know I can Lysol the crap out of everything and find it in the, almost, same state as I left it. 

PLUS, being in 500 sq/ft apartment with DH for 9 months is more than enough time! I understand now why babies come out after 9 months.... they are just done with all that!




The New Addition; Meet Neo.



Unbeknownst to DH, I may, well... cat's out now, I did buy a puppy end of July, days after they were born. A silver labrador. I brought him home first week of September. We discussed getting a dog and he was game, as with the breed and all. Just timing .... Ha.

DH FREAKED out.... but puppy is still here and now the two of them are always snuggling on the couch when I arrive home from work. 
They try to move fast to destroy evidence but I know what has gone on :P 


Overall, he is a pretty cool cucumber but also an excessive chewer.... ugh.















4 comments:

  1. 7 moves in 5 years, I would have just given up and stopped lol. Congrats on the house, sorry about Solo's hoof but glad he's on the up and up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back! so many things happening! Solo is gorgeous, wow is he looking mature. You've done such a nice job with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy girl! Enjoy your new home, hope you get to stay in it! Also enjoy your new pup, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments... I didn't even see them until now.

    Ugh... trust me I am DONE with moves. I used to think I couldn't move again but now I actually cant!

    Thank you T, anxiously await him filling up.... Maybe squeak another inch? *pleads*

    ReplyDelete