![]() |
| Approved- but only JUST! |

I purchased this book along with a few others in the new year with a Chapters/Indigo gift card I had received for Christmas... oh by the way, 53 days until Christmas y'all! And yes, it has taken me this long to read this book because it, well, sucks large. But yet, I still gave it a thumbs up?
Let me explain.
This book is in depth but very primary as far as the actual content. Although, reading it I feel that it would be very educational and valuable for those riders just learning to ride/jump or those without access to coaching.
The chapters really break down the five W's of common posture and rider errors and it clearly explains how what you are doing affects the horse. Paint me a picture, I love that aspect!
The other added benefit of this book is that most of the exercises that they give to correct, let's say, pinching with the knee over fences, can be done on and off horseback. Which is huge for the many riders out there that don't own their own horses or may not get enough saddle time to really begin to make steady progress.
This post may seem condensed but if you read this book you will understand why. There really is not much to it. There are many different rider problems, explanations and corrections but little as far as diverse content.
For me, this book was a failure, though not an utter failure!
While I feel like I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, even though I may be guilty of several of the points in this book now and then, it did, however, remind me of those simple lessons and corrections I learned over the years and why they are important to focus on. That is a plus if nothing else was acquired from this book.
My advice? If you struggle with position problems, need help and don't have access to a coach, buy it.
But if you do have access to a coach or if you are already aware of the problem, why it happens and how to correct it. Do not waste your $30.00.
Yes, the book gives some insightful new age approaches, like working with an exercise ball in place of your horse to really feel how severe your balance affects your 'horse' as the ball rolls away and you fall flat on your derriere. I just don't feel this book is worth buying.
If you want to borrow it, message me, I will gladly hand it out!
Cheers.

haha I wouldn't mind taking a peek at it :P
ReplyDelete