Thursday, March 3, 2016

Dotstream Review; Mopas Fleecy Tights

Emma, over at Fraidy Cat Eventing posted about these tried and tested fleecy tights to aid us riders tough out the frigid winter temperatures a couple months back. Seeing as I have been searching for a fleece lined 'sport' tight that will stand up to riding abuses these really caught my interest. Plus at less than $5CDN/pair, shipped to my door, Hell YES! was my response. So I bought two pairs to give these a shot.

This is my opinion.

And I have to agree with Emma. For the price, these are great! So far I have used and washed them about mm... 5x each and they are no worse for wear than when I pulled them out of the packaging.
They wash well, add an extra layer of warmth and the slick fabric make them easy to layer with no bunching.

However, they do only come in one size, which I think is fine for most people due to the licra-like fabric but I do believe because of the 'one-size-fits-all' sizing it lends for a bit of an uncomfortable fit in some places.
Nothing horrid but have you ever been tired, off in your own world and methodically grabbed a pair of pj pants and put them on backwards? Then had that ... this doesn't feel right feeling as you wiggle your lower half hoping things will miraculously fix themselves?
If you have, then this is kind of how these feel and yes I did make sure to put the tag at the rear AND I even attempted to actually put them on backwards just to see if it felt better, it did not.
That being said, once you get your next layer on, the pressure of your riding breeches mold them into the right places and discomfort disappears. Though, I would not recommend wearing them alone as they tend to give you Plumber's Butt due to the, again, one-size-fits-all uber stretchiness.


Conclusion; in the end, I have been horrified by the price tags tack shops slap onto schooling breeches with the only added benefit of the same fleecy layer that these $5 tights provide. I just cannot bring myself to pay $120+ for ONE pair of breeches that I really only need two months of the year.

These tights thoroughly fit the bill in both warmth, price and versatility, go buy 'em folks and thank Emma again for me!

Cheers.


1 comment:

  1. ha i'm so glad you love them!! they will start pilling something serious after enough washes, but that hardly matters for a base layer. and at $5?!? can't argue with that!! i pretty much live in mine constantly lol

    ReplyDelete