Monday, November 28, 2016
The Solo Act.
Saturday Paloma went on to her new career as strictly a razzle dazzle dressage pony in the big metro area... er well, and part time snuggle bug with her new owner, Kristyn. I always knew Paloma was destined for the big city. No longer a small town gal.
It was a pretty sad moment and I had a hard time keeping it together as everyone crowded around asking 'how sad will you be when she is gone?', really people....
I rudely snapped back with 'do you not realize that sounds partially as bad as asking someone if they will be sad when someone dies?'
Yeah. I know not the same thing and I think I too it too far but this was a really hard decision!
Anyhow. The trailer arrived to take Pal on her four hour tour. It was a different type than what she has ever been on, step up, half size door and tight sandwiching slant load. I cringed slightly thinking I was smart in bubble wrapping her and that she woukd never get on that. But... She walked right up without even a glance. Cause you know hay bags await!
From then on it all happened really fast and before I knew it was she on her way.
I thought about her for a couple hours wondering where she was on the road... Then got a text that the trailer had a flat. Thankfully the trailer was massive and I doubt she even had a clue. She likely thought they were visiting an 'en Rouge's station for food refills. Hehe.
So her tour nearly doubled but she arrived safe and sound to find many smiling faces I am told.
Later that day I got some photos from Kristyn and a happy blurb of what they had done that day. Kristyn couldn't have been happier with how relaxed and saintly she was. My good girl!
Getting sidetracked here. The point of this post was to introduce y'all to my new boy. Solo. Or 'Whata Hot Sensation'. Fyi- do not Google his registered name thinking you will get a result of the 'all breed Pedigree's database. *Cringe* .... Scary things are out there in the digital world.
Solo is an appendix or on paper AQHA related to Zippo and Sensation. Yeah. I didn't have a clue either but after research it appears that these stallions throw size and lovely HUS or hunter under saddle horses. Not to forget, the brain I was looking for in venturing into the ether to find a QH for English. Sounds like a sin I know.
Solo is a 2014 model and currently a stallion... Until 10am today lol.
He currently looks Uber leggy and dainty as babies do at this ugly stage of growing, sorry boy but it's a bad stage lol. One woukd never have a clue that he was rising three and a colt. I even had to double check to make sure the 'boys' were there.
While he has the typical aqha build, muscular, compact, tiny face and cute little ears I couldn't help but be impressed by his movement. Lots of engine, tons of engagement already and very reaching and animated.
I must stop myself. I really need to get ready for work!
Anyhow, Solo comes home Saturday morning! I will post many a photo and video bomb this weekend lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

congrats - looking forward to learning more about him, he sounds lovely!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new guy! Can't wait to read more about him!
ReplyDeleteNice! Is he broke to ride already?
ReplyDeleteThanks all.
ReplyDeleteNo, he isn't broke yet. A ton of ground work in so far. Very western type people. What I mean is they don't take no for an answer. He is a very good guy. Hoping he will be as easy as Pal was to back. Here's for finger crossing... I foresee many a blog post lol
Oooo how exciting!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new guy! Zippos Sensation is a pretty popular stallion, and it looks like Solo is linebred to Zippo Pine Bar -- another big name! I bet he's going to be a pretty mover, and to get one that isn't backed or fitted for halter or lunge line is AWESOME.
ReplyDelete