Wednesday, August 2, 2017

May to August 2017; Four Months In The Life of Solo.




One of the things I missed doing with Pal when I first bought her was first blogging and second taking photos, conformationally, and comparing them to watch as things develop since it can be so difficult to notice when you see them day to day. I mean I tend to notice things grooming, like ‘woah, that’s a new muscle’ but if only you could snapshot in your head and compare side by side….
But why you say, we have computers and Photoshop for that?
RIGHT! Almost forgot. *gets to work*
So, here we are. When I first purchased Solo he was going through the uglies… sorry buddy, it happens to all of us. I still remember *shiver*, my busy eyebrows. I will forever be haunted and thankful for tweezers and wax.
And I mean between 2-4…. The ugly stage comes and goes with very odd, awkward stages where one area develops and makes the rest just look out of place. I really should have begun this earlier but I never even thought of it.

May 2017 – Solo was still having digestive issues, the food, hay and pasture mates kept changing, plus I had no idea that he needed his teeth done yet nor his wolf teeth pulled. He was still tail swishy and grumpy with his head…. Chime in with teeth here, duh!

June 2017 - This was right before his teeth were done, he was finally being accepted into the heard, minus the still continual bites and scraps he was gaining weight slowing with the addition of a slightly higher fat feed, Purina Ultra F along with his yeast supplement and Purina Equalizer. He was still a bit grumpy to ride, head in my face type but obedient.

July 2017 - End of June his teeth were done, he had a bit of time off and bam, better expression and he was a new man! Instantly dropping down and reaching for contact, willing to go forward, no tail swish, no bit chomping. Incredible difference and I am the one who tends to eyeroll when someone says, ‘maybe it is his teeth, or this or that’….never again!
Solo went from the *whispers* ‘super sensitive’ type to attentive, sensitive but mature baby horse. Oh and no more touchy flanks!
He gained quite a bit of weight this month too and his upper neck, shoulder and haunches were starting to round and fill out.

August 2017 – Continuing on with super soft, forward and wiling, Solos proportions are starting to come together a bit more. His neck appears shorter now, likely from the muscle beginning to build in his upper neck. His shoulder is more defined even to the point where his shoulder angle looks even more tipped forward. Though, this is probably just muscling from long and low work. He is looking less potbellied and his back is looking less dipped.
I even notice that Solo’s posture is changing. Less camped under behind, more muscle at the croup … all in all less steep of an angled in his haunches, stronger looking.



Looking at this, I am getting excited of what is to come in the future! (More so than I already was. How did I get this lucky!)

3 comments:

  1. Hes looking fabulous. Love his colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there! It is pretty awesome, having love hate relationship with the white socks. That and all the mud/rain. Grr haha

      Delete