Monday, May 11, 2015

Of Deciphering Gibberish and Bonnets

Here we are, officially one week from Paloma and my first event together.
While a few weeks ago this would have left me quaking in my boots, today I am feeling... some what un-nauseous and I am looking forward to getting her out and having FUN!

While I love hunter, it just isn't fun anymore. The people, for the most part, don't have the best.... people skills, they are generally not accepting and they would rather see you eat dirt than have a good round.
The events I have gone to, while I am seriously out of my element, I cannot tell you the number of people who just waltz right up to you either mounted or unmounted and strike up a POSITIVE conversation like, 'Oh your horse is lovely! Isn't this so fun?! I could be out here with friends all day...'
Now, I am not saying everyone is like this, the ones that aren't you know who you are and you also know what I mean.
I am just too old for high school mind games and drama... I want to have fun, relax and laugh! In eventing I do! Plus, I cannot ignore how Paloma's attitude changes for the better.

All in all, this is why I have decided to event for the coming future. While I may not get to many this year because of the house, next year, I plan to get more involved. Not to mention... I need some time to figure out this 'dressage test' thing....

Reading an 'Eventing' dressage test is gibberish....
Even though I don't know dressage, I do know that you enter at 'A' working trot, halt, salute at 'X' right? Well no... for eventing, yes, you enter working trot at 'A' but when you reach 'X' you continue trotting and veer to 'H', so it is a loop more or less. It is worded like this... "Enter at 'A' working trot through AXHC" Mind boggling? Yep, just a bit, lol.


In my down time away from reciting dressage tests in hopes to commit something to memory, I have been making bonnets in support for the upcoming short course which is for Breast Cancer.

They still have to be finished with more pink trim and ears, I have made three, one for myself, one for Thunder and Mish-Mosh and one to donate.
Note: Thunder despises pink... so let's hope he can tolerate it for the cause.

 
 
Here are a couple others that have been occupying what spare time I have...







4 comments:

  1. those ear bonnets are seriously cute!!! super exciting about your upcoming event too :) i know exactly what you mean about the different atmospheres and attitudes. i never quite put my thumb on it while i was riding, and then only switched to eventing bc my arab isn't suited for hunters... but now that i'm in the eventing world i really can't get enough of it! hope you have a great outing this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Still getting the hang of crochet but it is very relaxing and beats the heck out of watching TV lol.

    Oh yes. Totally different world. I don't think I will be able to do more than 3' on cross but I am very happy to do the smaller ones even. Just a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those breast cancer awareness bonnets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am still learning but each one is getting better and better. Yours still look way more pro. haha

      Delete