Wednesday, June 24, 2015

First World Problems & Therapy

What are you planning miss...




After reading of the heartbreaking tragedy of a fellow blogger, of whom I will not mention as you all know whom I am referring to, I feel that the drama and worries in my life are so mundane.


I don't want to say that the world tends to give us things in a timely manner, almost as though there is a higher power, because that just feels inappropriate and gross but it does seem that the world works in mysterious ways.
When something seems to drag me down to the bottom of the seemingly bottomless pit of 'woe', something happens to remind me to get a grip, grow up and appreciate every moment of the life I have been given. Life is good. Life is a lesson, even if you cannot see it now, you will.
From what I have read this seems to follow closely to Buddhist beliefs. Which are very inspiring and should be referred to when you reach or are approaching said pit bottom.


I wanted to gripe about what we are going through with our current house build but I won't, I have realized it is too much of a 'first world problem', ie; it means nothing in the spectrum of problems out there. All I will say... Is that Hydro people are useless and it is kind of humorous so I will share a portion.
(Sorry if you work in Hydro... If you do your job I am not speaking of you).


     *hydro guys stare down at the hydro trench for fifteen minutes as my neighbor watches. Neighborhood watch you know!*  *phone call to me at work*
"There is a rock, we cannot hook up your power."
     "What do you mean a rock? Like a big one? I was just there, the hydro trench is clear..."
"Yes,  a rock, we cannot do anything. You must have your guy come back and dig this out."
     *an hour later, DH leaves work to shovel the 'filled in' trench, there is one freaking rock the size of a baseball.....*


Problem seemed solved. Okay, whatever, proceed please.


Hydro comes back out to hook up power in our now 'clear' trench all to find out that there is a fault in the hydro line on our road, so sorry, no power for you, we must dig up the road. Ah brother.
*repeat, 'first world problem, first world problem'*






On a more equine note. My therapist and I, ekham, Paloma and I, had a great bareback ride the other day with Mish mosh.
Thankfully, therapist is patient and tolerant of my lackluster 65" high jump attempts.
Note to self: Ensure you have a mounting block at your disposal if you wish to ride sans saddle.
In the event that Option One fails, ensure no one is watching.


While I am sure everyone caught a good laugh at my 'failure', I told myself this is good training for when my niece takes Paloma to be her Children's hunter. I totally meant to nearly fall on my a** ten times. Pft.
Paloma, my valiant steed, stood quietly and I did, eventually, get atop the mountain of a horse. I know she is only 16h, but that's like CN tower when you aren't stretchy ... let's see you lift your leg that high! haha.
I am just not as stretchy as I used to be. I am guessing this is why so many women my age begin yoga...


A great ride did ensue though. I am clearly improving my tension through my pelvis and back since there was significantly less bouncing on my part and less displeasure on Pal's part.
I must have actually been doing something right-ish because throughout the ride and the ride the following day, Paloma was soft, soft, soft, dressage Olympics here we come! Ha right.
But I am serious it was a great ride.






I am almost afraid to ride tomorrow, what is Paloma prepping for? Devious mares....



3 comments:

  1. i also frequently have to remind myself that most, if not all, of my problems fall very squarely in the 'first world' category... perspective is good tho. and yea i feel your pain on trying to get on bareback sans mounting block... i ride a pony and even with a mounting block it's still an ordeal lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad I am not alone. The signs of age are mounting.... ugh.

      Delete
  2. I second the mounting block! I have mounted from the ground like, twice, in the last five years and I have mentally high fived myself each time and wondered if it would ever happen again. Seriously, I need to practice more but I don't want to subject my poor horse to any suffering…!)

    ReplyDelete