Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Mystery of the Lower Leg Swingers.


You know you are a committed horse person when it takes you fifteen minutes to dress for the barn. Pulling on any extra layer of fabric you can find until you look like an upside down snow man and it hurts to bend, honestly. Thank god horses do not judge you on your appearance.
Also, thank god I am married and have a legal contract to prevent sudden husband disapearances at the sight of my sexy winter riding attire.
"Oh! You don't want that ratty old hoodie anymore? Snagged! More warm!"

These past few rides I have been noticing my leg is just not feeling secure and steady. I want to attribute it to the frigidly cold temps frightening dear muscles into hibernation or the over-indulgence of clothing layers but I find myself wondering, am I slacking this winter....?

I have been continuing no stirrup work and work in two point etc, my leg overall is strong as ever, I think. Nothing, in my opinion, has changed.

Normally, I keep my stirrups two holes longer for flatwork in order to utilize my leg aids better and develop more feel. This never has caused any position issues before but lately I find my leg swinging to and fro and it is near impossible to keep myself from wanting to scrunch my legs up.

It took me awhile to admit that something was amiss but when I spoke to Mish-mosh about it this week, she stated that she has been feeling the same thing and has been despairing.


Well... misery loves company in relation to both getting thy rear to the barn in the cold and this sorrowful leg position quirk we have going on.

So seriously legs, talk to me... why you no equitation?!

No comments:

Post a Comment