![]() |
| "MY SOCCER! I want it baaacckkk" |
Not much news on the riding front today but Mish-Mosh and I had some fun with Paloma and Thunder in the deep freeze last night. Despite not doing any real riding, I am sore.
I arrived to the barn to Royal treatment once again, something tells me I better not get used to this! Paloma was tacked and ready for me. I almost felt guilty, almost.
With both horses tacked we headed out to the arena to find that the arena had not been harrowed this week, turned out even the tractor reared it's middle tire in protest of these ridiculous temperatures. In turn, the sand was just a titch too concrete like for our peace of mind so we decided to unsaddle the ponies, grab the soccer ball and have a bareback soccer match. All in good fun right?
Apparently Paloma has a bit of a 'me' complex. I swear she didn't get it from me... and attempted to hog the ball by ear pinning Thunder into submission.
After several prompts she did get used to the idea of sharing and hesitantly made passes to Thunder every few minutes. Though, not without getting her grump on for the rest of the night. Mares...
Thunder on the other hand was hilarious. He was like a cat with a catnip toy!
Normally, he could careless about the ball but obliges by lifting hoof and booting but last night he was pulling out all the stops. From the looks of it, he found soccer much more fun than riding.
He even attempted a few little buck and boots, which Mish-mosh loved of course. Ha.
After our soccer match we did a little w/t/c in the good parts of the arena. I am not quite sure is it was senses overload for Pal without the saddle or if it was an excess of energy but she was a little firecracker. No bucks, kicks, crow hops etc, that is not her style, she prefers a more direct approach.
'Turn thy head all cute like so human expects nothing and then bite the boot and pull vigorously'
Furthering the proof that the weather dictates our rides, it was a chilly -13 last night and y'all should have seen our lateral work last night, *The angels sing*.
Oh, any if you are all wondering where the report is on that lesson last week. Well it didn't happen. After confirming the lesson the day before, the coach called a few hours before the lesson to tell us she wouldn't make it because she was very sick with a cold of some sort.
I am probably being petty but I can't help but be miffed about it so I haven't re booked yet. I get a little ticked when I have to book time off work for a lesson only to find it cancelled last minute especially at the dollar she was charging for the lesson.
I shouldn't be so pessimistic and I shouldn't expect others to be as dedicated as I am, but it still is annoying.

Canceled Lessons are very annoying but at least its still the doldrums of winter yeah?
ReplyDeleteI'm also easily annoyed by cancelled lessons and am currently sulking too :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad others also agree. I should be empathetic but I have grown slightly cold knowing how the world works.
Delete