Fave.
What is your horse's absolute favorite thing? Outside of riding!
Are there treats that instantly convert your pony into an addict or
liniments that leave him yawning and chewing? What does your horse just
love to have?
Aside from eating?
Getting serious, I would have to say that holding foreign items in her mouth has got to be Paloma's favourite past time.
This darn horse has eaten her fair share of cross ties and really anything pliable that she can get her mouth on. (Reminds me of my niece actually. Anything and everything that is mouth size and fun looking, yoink! In it goes for mouth on texture testing.)
While your probably thinking I let her get away with it but those who know me know I am a pretty tough mom. Most grooming days involve me with a brush in one hand and a lunge whip in the other. Foolishly, I believe I have finally nipped this bad habit in the butt once and for all, not even one grab for the ties, what! Then I turn my back and bam, just like a fat kid on cake! Smart pony. Urg.
It does work to my benefit for bridling though. While most people stand there for two/three minutes attempting to convince their dear pony-pones to open wide, ending in a series of wet, carrot groobery fingers. Paloma merely sees me going for the bridle and starts the jaw stretches in preparation.
All I have to do is get the bridle into position and she will put her head in. Easy peasy! It is a great trick.
So what is your horse's favourite past time?

Bobby loves stuffing things in his mouth as well. Some children just never grow out of it. ;)
ReplyDeleteDrives me batty! haha
Delete