Thursday, April 30, 2015
"Fraidy Cat Eventing' Blog Hop; Favourite Prize
What is your favorite ribbon / prize / award that you've won in relation to horses? Is there a story behind it? Or was it a bucket list prize you'd been chasing for ages? It doesn't have to be from a traditional horse show, and ribbons that are the favorite bc they are the prettiest are just as awesome as awards with a great story
Ahhh finally a blog hop that I can relate to! It feels like months since I last joined a hop. Actually I think it was months but regardless...
This one doesn't have a long winded story but it is short and sweet with a sad, miserable ending.
My favourite prize that I have won with Paloma was the navy and tan embroidered cooler from the 2013 show season.
It was, yes, past tense, embroidered 'English Hunter Performance Champion 2013'. I cherished it. I didn't even want to use it unless it was just to look at it, snap some fashionista photos of Pal wearing it and then neatly fold it back up and hang it back on her stall rack.
Buuutt.... the love would not last.
BO's went out for the night, left a friend in charge of bringing the horses in and she unknowingly put the cooler on Paloma since most of the horses have 'pajamas'. Pal prefers 'a la nude'.
The next day BO went to take Pal out and noticed a blanket on her, which appeared to have gone through a paper shredder.
So sad.
But importantly, no one got hurt and Pal is known for getting hung up in blankets when she is in a stall. I think, more or less, because lays down to sleep, and snore, yup, she snores and totally freaks everyone out. Then because she is so large and really has to get her legs underneath herself, she gets caught up in the buckles.
Or at least this is my theory because she doesn't have this problem when she is outside. Hence why she is now on outdoor board.
BO was so torn up... (snicker at my punny), about the error in communication she went out and bought me a super fancy red and tan cooler, despite my pleading not to worry about it.
Such a kind soul. Too kind.
I was able to somewhat patch the cooler back together. It took a few hours of lonesome hand stitching and it will never have buckles again but it is now clean and folded away for future memory.
At the very least, it will make a good story for the future.
Labels:
Blog Hop's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thanks for doing the hop!! i just found your blog and am getting all caught up (Paloma is beautiful!!) - but that story about the cooler is such a bummer! glad you were able to mostly stitch it back together :(
ReplyDeleteI just stalked yours yesterday!
DeleteThe cooler is now 'cooler-stein' and looks like something from a Frankenstein movie, but it's still alive-ish!