Thursday, September 24, 2015
Let Us Talk Insurance.
The topic sounds oh so thrilling doesn't it?
Ok let's get real, no one 'wants' to talk insurance so I will keep it short and.. mostly sweet.
This summer I have had a real bone to pick. Personal Equine Liability Insurance.
Most of us think 'oh you mean OEF?' (or american equivalent). While yes that is one of them, though it is not the only one...
In my attempts to explain to people that there are other insurance companies and policies that will cover your Personal Liability when it concerns your personal use horse, they sit there and look at me like....
Those who know me then quickly swarm for tickets to the coming show.
This year. I have breathed deeply, remained calm and used my skills that I have developed in my day to day career.
While I freely admit that I do not know what other policies or companies cover and cannot give advice for other policies other than explain my understanding of the wording I read, I can tell you what my policy covers and it DOES cover me and my horse at schooling shows and any show where I do not accept cash rewards that could be construed as a 'business'.
Trust me I know insurance.
So I think I am in the realm of 'green' to say I am preeettyyy cheesed off when my entry was refused three days before the show, and three weeks after I provided my proof of insurance, policy sets and wording AND a letter signed by a licensed insurance agent clearly dictating that coverage will and does extend.
Okay. *exasperated sigh*
That's all for now folks, I apologize that you may feel like you didn't get your money's worth this time. Maybe next time.
Labels:
Life happens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


whaaat? wait, what does this mean?
ReplyDelete