Wednesday, December 31, 2014
December Q&A - Part Two.
Thanks to L. Williams for a fun Q&A.
Thought, we could all chime in and enjoy! 'Tis the season for chiming after all ;)
1. What size of horse do you prefer? 16hands. Right on the money. A few inches smaller or larger is workable but this is the size I always wanted as a kid, (no idea why), and it is what works best for me. Plus, any bigger any getting on without a block really makes you look a fool.
Or well old and unstretchy.
I also prefer a decent sized barrel, not too big that I feel like I am spread eagle on a couch but not too narrow where there isn't enough barrel to support your calf.
2. Do you school in tall boots, or half chaps and paddocks? Half chaps and paddocks. I have to say if it were by choice it would be tall boots though traipsing through clay mud and muck that graces us with it's presence in Ontario in lovely tall boots seems a sin.
3. What do you do with your ribbons after shows? If I am riding someone elses horse I get a photo of the horse with the ribbons for myself and give the ribbons to the owner. If I am riding my own horse, sadly, they are folded meticulously and stored in zip-lock baggies until I can find the perfect glass candy hurricane.
4. Do you ride/board at a large show barn or small private barn? Small private barn. Quiet, lots of private ride time- except Sunday's when everyone comes out of the wood works for lessons.
Ten Stalls but about 20-25 horses total, most are rescues because of BO's big heart.
It used to be a huge dairy farm until the new horse barn/arena was constructed and cows got the boot.
5. Have you ever seen a horse give birth? No. But I would love to one day. I have heard it is a much different experience for horses. They are said to be very peaceful and relaxed.
6. What is your favourite breed? HUS type AQHA- basically appendix quarters and dutch warmbloods.
7. Favourite tack brand? I really love Bates saddles and I am a huge fan of Keiffer bridles and saddles as well.
8. Would you ever buy used tack? Absolutely, BUT! I have very strict guidelines. Must be in perfect working order with no major visual wear that could affect the performance later on and it must be a minimum 50% less than sticker price, otherwise I will wait until it goes on sale.
9. Have you ever been on a carriage ride? Yes! When I was about 10y/o I got a little too bold when we were touring a Mennonite establishment and I asked the driver if I could steer. Apparently, he thought it was hysterical and happily obliged.
DH states that I must teach Paloma to drive later on in life. Ha.... right!
10. How often do you visit the tack store? As little as possible. It can be bad for my check book. Plus, I am an avid online shopper. Though, it is dangerous when you can just type in the search bar what you want and BAM 100 options pop up. No, time wasted searching!
Labels:
About Us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment